miércoles, 29 de abril de 2009

The next time

THE NEXT TIME someone upsets me, I´ll think
"Thanks for pointing out that I´ve begun depending on you.
Time I lose the expectations"

Is rude and shout to me, I´ll think
"Cheer up, dear soul, it shall be ok"
Next time someone distorts my views, I´ll think
"That´s okay, maybe I was once like that"

Or lies about me, I´ll think
"I´m so sorry you feel that need"

Prejudges me, I´ll think
"Thanks to show you and share your views, perhaps it´s the other side, perhaps it´s your truth"

Violates my space and privacy ...
"This is good for my growth, my goodness, and generosity"

So whosever may torment me,
harass me, confound me, or upset me, becomes a teacher.
Not because they´re wise, but because I seek to become so.

And the next time someone greets me with a timid smile,
I will smile back like I´m sharing a secret...